Title: Webmaster Intern
Paul Asadoorian and John Strand are seeking outstanding individuals to assist with webmaster responsibilities in our respective organizations. In this role you will work with several different teams of people from Black Hills Information Security, Offensive Countermeasures and Security Weekly.
Responsible for maintaining websites and all aspect of web site administration. This individual should be highly motivated and willing to learn. Web site administration will include some web site design, systems, database and web server administration.
- Maintain websites for multiple clients and businesses.
- Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately.
- Design websites.
- Provide the appropriate level of security for all web site technologies
- Test the security of all web site properties
- Generate and revise web pages and blog entries.
- Examine and analyze site traffic and statistics.
- Configure web servers such as Apache and Nginx.
- Serve as the server administrator.
- Regulate and manage access rights of different users on website.
- Create and modify appearance and setting of site.
- Lay out content on web pages.
- Deal with and respond to heavy volumes of email.
- Decide what kind of (virtual) computer will hold a web site’s information.
- Test websites to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use.
- Meet with designers to agree on site’s design.
- Fix links that don’t work and pictures that aren’t appearing properly.
- Decide how site’s content will be delivered to the Internet.
- Keep files small so sites load faster.
- Test different browsers/platforms (mobile) and ensure people with different computers can access a website.
Familiarity with the following technologies is desired:
- Cloud hosting providers and technologies
- Apache and Nginx
- MySQL or similar databases
Candidates can work remotely and we also have offices in South Dakota and Rhode Island. Please apply by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We typically have openings for several different types of positions! If you are interested in working at Security Weekly send us some email and we will contact you.