Brian Ventura is a SANS Instructor and infosec architect, while Ted Gary serves as the Product Marketing Manager at Tenable. Brian and Ted have been working on a project that highlights the first five security controls, which are:
- Inventory of Authorized and Unauthorized Devices
- Inventory of Authorized and Unauthorized Software
- Secure Configurations for Hardware and Software on Mobile Devices, Laptops, Workstations, and Servers
- Continuous Vulnerability Assessment and Remediation
- Controlled Use of Administrative Privileges
Why don’t organization implement these controls? Why are the first five so hard? What tools exist to implement the top five? Find the answers to these questions and more in this segment!