ZeroFOX, Deep Instinct, Flashpoint, Symantec acquired Skycure for an undisclosed amount, RiskLens and Nok Nok Labs raised $8M series D.
Startup Articles & Discussion
- Five questions brands need to answer to be customer first in the digital age ==>
- 3 Essential (And 1 Surprising) Components Of A Successful Sales Strategy ==> knowing who isn’t a fit is more important than people realize
- What can B2B learn from B2C post-purchase frustrations? ==>
Startup & Security Notes of Interest
Symantec Acquired Skycure for an undisclosed amount
- Skycure is an enterprise mobile security software that predicts, identifies and protects the data against threats, vulnerabilities and malware attacks.
- $27.5M in funding over 3 rounds since 2012
Symantec Acquired FireGlass for an undisclosed amount
- Fireglass is a provider of agentless isolation solution that detects and eliminates ransomware, malware and other phishing threats in real-time.
- Looks like $20M in funding in 2016 (series A)
ZeroFOX raised $40M in series
- ‘’ZeroFOX is a provider of social media security, asset protection, threat intelligence and digital risk monitoring solutions for organizations.’’
Deep Instinct raised $32M Series B
- Deep Instinct develops an endpoint security software that detects and predicts threat behavior to block attacks.
- Record is incomplete, but this is a large series B raise (in a crowded space)
Flashpoint raised $28M Series C
- Flashpoint is a Business Risk Intelligence platform that enables enterprises to protect their data from spear phishing and credential theft.
- $43M in funding over 3 rounds since 2015
Nok Nok Labs raised $8M Series D
- Nok Nok is an online authentication platform for enterprises to secure internal and consumer-facing infrastructure, mobile and web-based applications.
- $55.8M in funding over 5 rounds since 2011; the rounds are getting smaller
RiskLens raised $5M in Series A
- RiskLens is a cyber security firm that specializes in providing risk management solutions for enterprises and government organizations.
- $6.6M in 3 rounds since 2014 – including 2 equity rounds
Entrupy raised $2.6M in Series A
• Entrupy, a New York-based provider of high-end luxury goods authentication SaaS, has raised $2.6 million in Series A funding led by a joint venture between Digital Garage and Daiwa Securities Group. www.entrupy.com
DarkTrace raised $75M in Series D
- ‘’Darktrace is a provider of cloud-based cyber security solutions for the healthcare, government, transportation, defence and telecommunication sector.’’
- $179.5M since 2013 (but might not be complete) – big funding rounds
- From Adam Lashinksi @ Fortune: “Missed it by that much. Darktrace, a hot cybersecurity startup that touts using artificial intelligence, this week almost became the next $1 billion “unicorn” startup, but not quite. The company, which uses machine learning technology and analyzes patterns of network traffic to track threats lurking on corporate networks, was privately valued at $825 million after raising a new round of funding worth $75 million.”
HyTrust raised $36M in Series E
- HyTrust provides hybrid cloud infrastructure virtualization, security, compliance, encryption and access control solutions.
- $116M in funding in ~ 6 rounds
HyTrust acquired DataGravity for an undisclosed amount
- DataGravity raised $92M (at least) since 2012 (at least)
The Startup Journey: Updates
- Using personal and life experience to refine the Straight Talk Framework
- Actively seeking engagements
- 1-2 openings to explore longer-term working arrangements
- Exploit attacker playbooks to improve security ==> Rick Howard lines up a Security Slap Shot on improving security by going after attacker playbooks
Full Show NotesVisit http://securityweekly.com/category/ssw/ for all the latest episodes!