Michael and Matt discuss attributes of a scalable business, founder struggles, how to grow your startup, and updates from AppGuard, Securonix, CashShield, and more!
Startup Articles & Discussion
- Founder Struggles: How These Startups Overcame Their Obstacles (and What You Can Learn From How They Did It) ==>
- A Complete Guide to Startup Advisors and Mentors ==>
- 5 Things to Include in Your Elevator Pitch ==> Michael has notes on problems and solutions… and one thing missing from this list…
- HOW TO GROW A STARTUP: THE 5 BEST TIPS I’VE EVER LEARNED. ==>
- A Dozen Attributes of a Scalable Business ==>
Startup & Security Notes of Interest
AppGuard raised $30M Series B
CashShield raises $5.5M Series A
- CashShield is a cyber fraud protection technology protects online merchants against card-not-present related fraud losses.
Securonix raised $29M in Equity Round
- Securonix provides security intelligence solutions for enterprises to detect, monitor and manage the information security threats and risks.
Startup Journey Updates
- Straight Talk on Identifying Value Proposition workshop launched; it’s an approach for teams and is gaining traction in the enterprise space, especially higher education
- Straight Talk Coaching and Advisory taking shape, too
- Refining the message; it’s the “brain audit” sequence that follows (and sometimes comes before) the category work
- Why your security scars are the key to innovation ==> Ben Johnson lines up for a Security Slap Shot on driving innovation in security and business based on experience
Getting ready to transition my column to a new home. And getting ready to get back to regular writing for my own blog. Maybe even some writing for security weekly.
Visit http://securityweekly.com/category/ssw for all the latest episodes!