In the Security News, Paul and Michael discuss SolarWinds acquiring LOGGLY (undisclosed), Verizon acquires Niddel, Cyxtera Technologies acquires Immunity (undisclosed), and Arctic Wolf raised $16M in Equity! All that and more on this episode of Business Security Weekly!
Article Discussion on Leadership, Communication, and Innovation
How to Be More Productive Without Burning Out
- Missing the root cause: too much work
- Clarify focus, measure results
- Serial changes add up
- Do you have an accountability partner?
What It Takes to Become a Great Product Manager
- Core competencies
- Company fit
What Cybersecurity Chiefs Can Learn From Warren Buffett
- How well are your investments working?
- What do you have visibility into?
- It doesn’t have to be sexy to be good
- Can what you have do more?
The Importance of explaining “Why” before “What” when you need help
- People want to know why before what (in most cases)
- Why is a powerful word
- The bottom line: intentions and reasons matter
Getting The First 15% Right
- Think before you act
- The trick is to move before you’re ready, but not too soon or too late
- Consider the outcomes and work backwards
Startup & Security News You Need to Know
SolarWinds acquired LOGGLY (undisclosed)
- “Loggly develops cloud based log management and analytics platform that offers application debugging, deployment monitoring and alerting solutions”
- $47.4M raised over 6 rounds; last round was $11.5M in equity in June 2016
- “SolarWinds develops a network monitoring software that allows to detect, diagnose and resolve network performance issues.”
- Part of the Silver Lake Partners portfolio
- “Private equity investment firms Thoma Bravo and Silver Lake Partners transitioned SolarWinds from a public to a private entity in February 2016.”
‘* https://www.solarwinds.com/company/home —> “IT management software that works for you—and that delivers on our promise of unexpected simplicity.”
Verizon acquires Niddel
- “Niddel develops and provides machine-learning-based automated threat hunting solutions for IT environments.”
Cyxtera Technologies acquires Immunity (undisclosed)
Arctic Wolf raised $16M in Equity
- $50.5M over 4 (interesting) rounds
- “AWN is a Security-as-a-Service company that provides managed threat detection, cyber security, cloud monitoring and advisory services.”
Visit http://secweekly2.wpengine.com/category/ssw for all the latest episodes!