In the Article Discussion on Leadership, Communication, and Innovation, Michael and Paul discuss 4 ways to improve your content marketing, to everyone who asks for ‘Just A Little’ of your time: Here’s what it costs to say yes, why your sales team is losing deals, and more on this episode of Business Security Weekly!
4 Ways to Improve Your Content Marketing
- The promise versus the reality
- Less than 3 minutes to make an impression; optimal length takes average viewing of 2:27 into consideration
- Short during the week, longer on the weekend
- No single path/journey; we’re engaging in parallel streams
- Mobile is overhyped
- Stop worrying about what time and day to send
- Don’t forget the case study (and it’s 83% completion rate)
The Law of Unintended Consequences: Shakespeare, Cobra Breeding, and a Tower in Pisa
- “Sometimes unintended consequences are catastrophic, sometimes beneficial.”
- “…unintended consequences can also be the result of people thinking that something is more complex than it actually is…”
- The cobra effect… and bug bounties?
- “Most unintended consequences are just unanticipated consequences.”
To Everyone Who Asks For ‘Just A Little’ Of Your Time: Here’s What It Costs To Say Yes
- What is the cost of a full calendar?
- Managers versus makers
- People wanting your time is a compliment; doesn’t mean you need to say yes
- If you say yes, what have you said no to (even if that’s not what you meant)?
- 24 hours in each day. Period.
Why Does Your Sales Team Lose Deals?
- Beyond competition, 48% lacked budget, 38% had no urgency to buy, 13% lacked authority
- You need to know budget, buyer, urgency (actually, everyone involved should know this)
- Don’t waste time on prospects unlikely to convert; this works for internal efforts, too
The case for boosting enterprise software startups with services
- Services are traditionally considered low margin and hard-to-scale
- Long term – limiting non-recurring revenue from services is good business (think about this from the enterprise side, too)
- Working to figure it all out with a complex project? Enter services.
- Several benefits from engaging in this approach (listed in the article)
- Services are a way for enterprises to de-risk the investment
Visit http://secweekly2.wpengine.com/category/ssw for all the latest episodes!