In the Article Discussion on Leadership, Communication, and Innovation, “Why People Really Quit Their Jobs”, “How To Motivate Greater Ambition In Teams”, “Why You Need an Untouchable Day Every Week”, and more on this episode on Business Security Weekly
Article Discussion on Leadership, Communication, and Innovation
Why People Really Quit Their Jobs
- ‘’They left when their job wasn’t enjoyable, their strengths weren’t being used, and they weren’t growing in their careers.’’
- Design the work; focus on people first
- ‘’enable them to do work they enjoy, help them play to their strengths, and carve a path for career development that accommodates personal priorities.’’
This Company Spent 300,000 Hours a Year in Pointless Meetings
- Time in meeting, time spent preparing, supporting… and handling results
- Think about what you accept
- Consider the time to prep
- Agendas and schedules (connect back to what you accept)
- Uninvite yourself… and protect your team
An Ode To The OKR – How To Motivate Greater Ambition In Teams
- OKR = objective and key result
- Shoot for 70% (what is success, anyway?)
- How do you shift your mindset?
- What is your goal… and quantified measure of success?
- Specific, hard goals set the stage for more success
Why You Need an Untouchable Day Every Week
- Makers versus managers; block the time you need for both
- Push too hard and things break (ode to Straight Talk and friction)
- Schedule the untouchable day WEEKS in advance; before anything else
- No deletion, but you can shift it
How Good Customer Experience Can Turn Bad, in the Swipe of a Credit Card
- What’s your backup when the system fails?
- We are less tolerant of poor experiences
- Treat your employees like customers – more engaged, productive, and loyal
- What about the systems our people use interacting with customers?
Visit http://secweekly2.wpengine.com/category/ssw for all the latest episodes!