In Tracking Security Innovation, PhishLabs-BrandProtect merger, Avast cuts proposed IPO range, SafeBreach raised $15M Series B, Red Canary raised $6.3M in Equity, and more!
Tracking Security Innovation
Data Breaches Decline In Number
- Q1 2018 is a four-year low in terms of the number of breaches
- Only 1.4B records exposed, down from 3.4B last year – and 1.27B were the result of fraud
- Email phishing declined to 31 from 214 the year before
- Blip, trend, or something else?
- Criminals finding new trends?
The recently combined entity will provide a range of threat intelligence and mitigation services. Existing PhishLabs investor Alerion Ventures also participated in the round.
- $31.7M in funding over 4 rounds
Avast cuts proposed IPO range
- From 250-320 pence per share to 250-270
- Would still set record as largest-ever UK IPO
- Looking to sell 25% of stock to raise up to $200M; market cap of $2.5B pounds
SafeBreach raised $15M Series B
- ‘’SafeBreach develops a disruptive security platform that enables enterprises to execute breach scenarios and find issues in their network.’’
- $34M over 3 rounds, including a July 2016 series A of $15M
- Simulation and validation; does it help training?
Red Canary raised $6.3M in Equity
- $14.9M in funding over 3 rounds; Series A for $6.2M in July 2016
- Check out our interview with Brian Beyer on Episode 14 – https://wiki.securityweekly.com/SSW_Episode14
Visit http://secweekly2.wpengine.com/category/ssw for all the latest episodes!