In Tracking Security Innovation, Capital One acquired Confyrm, TransUnion acquired Iovation, Auth0 raised $55M Series D, Tanium raised $175M in equity, Cisco forming New Venture Fund, and more!
Tracking Security Innovation
Capital One acquired Confyrm (undisclosed)
- “The deal will bring Confyrm’s technology to the bank in order to help speed its development and implementation of consumer identity services at scale.”
- “So for Capital One, the acquisition of Confyrm isn’t just about the technology itself – it’s about bringing Nash on board.”
- Looks like Confyrm raised between $1.2-$2.4M through a grant
TransUnion acquired Iovation (undisclosed)
- “iovation provides fraud detection solutions to reduce online risk and consumer fraud for businesses.”
- Looks like at least $16M in funding (but it’s a bit unclear)
Auth0 raised $55M Series D
- “Auth0 develops and operates an authentication platform that allows developers to implement identity solutions for their applications.”
- $112.2M over 5 rounds; $30M series C in March 2017
Tanium raised $175M in equity
- $580.7M in funding over 8 rounds; $5B valuation.
- Axios reported “A subsequent SEC filing disclosed that the round eventually could total $300 million, with a source saying that the remainder (if raised) would come from other existing investors.”
Cisco forming New Venture Fund
- “Cisco’s existing venture team looks for investment opportunities at a later stage that are strategic to its existing networking, security and other technology businesses.”
- “focused on early-stage investments, including seed opportunities.”
- “The new team plans to tout Cisco’s resources as a way to help young businesses get to market faster.”
Visit http://secweekly2.wpengine.com/category/ssw for all the latest episodes!