In Tracking Security Innovation, Microsoft to acquire GitHub for $7.5B, Thoma Bravo acquired LogRhythm for undisclosed, KnowBe4 acquired exploqii for undisclosed, Signifyd raised $100M Series D, Cyberbit raised $30M in an equity round, and more!
Tracking Security Innovation
Microsoft to acquire GitHub for $7.5B
- Fourth-largest acquisition behind LinkedIn, Skype, and the Nokia phone business in terms of size
- GitHub was valued at $2B in 2015
Thoma Bravo acquired LogRhythm for undisclosed
- LogRhythm is a security intelligence and analytics platform that enables organizations to detect and neutralize cyber threats.
- $131.7M in funding over multiple rounds; latest was $50M equity in August 2016
KKR acquired BMC for undisclosed
- BMC provides cloud computing, big data analytics, IT optimization, business automation and operational intelligence solutions.
- IPO in August 1988
KnowBe4 acquired exploqii for undisclosed
- “Exploqii specializes in the concept development and production of explanatory films, interactive videos and informational graphics.”
- $43.2M in funding over 3 rounds – including $30M series B in Oct 2017
- Acquired Popcorn training in March 2018
FireMon acquired Lumeta for undisclosed
- Lumeta offers cyber situational awareness, real-time network visibility and infrastructure analytic solutions for government agencies and enterprises.
- Lumeta had $14.2M in funding between debt and equity
- FireMon is a security intelligence platform to analyze and visualize network security infrastructure and firewall management.
Okera raised $12M Series A
- Okera provides a data access platform that allows provisioning, accessing, governing and auditing of data in cloud environments.
Signifyd raised $100M Series D
- Signifyd is a Software as a Service platform that helps e-commerce businesses to detect fraud and prevent credit card chargebacks.
- $204.2M in funding; $56M series C in May 2017
Cyberbit raised $30M in an equity round
- Cyberbit is an endpoint detection and response platform that offers SOC automation, network monitoring, cybersecurity training and simulation solutions.
- “The company intends to use the funds to expand sales and marketing, primarily in North America, accelerate product development, and enhance customer and partner support.”
Full Show Notes
Visit http://secweekly2.wpengine.com/category/ssw for all the latest episodes!