In Tracking Security Innovation, Splunk acquired VictorOps for $120M, Claroty raised $60 in Series B, “MIT’s Mind-Blowing Solutions to the 9 Hardest Startup Problems”, “Two Techniques for Helping Employees Change Ingrained Habits”, and more!
Tracking Security Innovation
Splunk acquired VictorOps for $120M
- VictorOps is an unified incident management platform that offers real-time alerting, collaboration, and documentation solutions for DevOps teams.
- Raised $36.3M over 3 rounds since 2015 (based on what is reported)
Claroty raised $60 in Series B
- Claroty develops a cybersecurity platform that provides continuous vulnerability detection and threat monitoring solutions for the industrial sector.
- $92M in funding over 2 rounds (Equity in 2016)
MIT’s Mind-Blowing Solutions to the 9 Hardest Startup Problems
- “Culture eats strategy… “ is a proxy; Michael shares what he’s learned
Two Techniques for Helping Employees Change Ingrained Habits
- Not just what you want, but what might get in the way
- Set “implementation intentions”
- The obstacle is the way (simple, not easy)
Go Fast and Break Things: The Difference Between Reversible and Irreversible Decisions
- Not all decisions are the same
- Reversible decisions – make it fast, without perfect information
- Michael: reversible decisions feel like the “boomerang decisions” a lot of of suffer; understanding how others view your information is important
- Irreversible decision? Slow down, gather information, make sure you understand the problem (Michael: sound familiar?)
- Focus on execution
Visit http://secweekly2.wpengine.com/category/ssw for all the latest episodes!