RSA Conference announces finalists for Innovation Sandbox Contest 2019, DigiCert announces all-in-one digital certificate management solution, Google’s new Chrome extension warns you about stolen passwords, Signal Sciences raises 35$ Million to accelerate market expansion and tech innovation, and Palo Alto is in talks to buy Information Security firm Demisto!
- Palo Alto in talks to buy information security firm Demisto – They are not saying much: Palo Alto was not available for comment outside U.S. business hours while Demisto was not immediately available for comment.Calcalist said Demisto declined to comment but quoted co-founder Dan Sarel as saying: “The company is now experiencing significant growth in both sales and number of employees.”
- RocketCyber Adds AlienVault and VirusTotal Threat Intelligence Integration – What makes them different? RocketCyber, a cybersecurity platform for managed service providers, today announced the general availability and integration of threat intelligence feeds from providers AlienVault and VirusTotal.The integrations enable RocketCyber’s managed service provider (MSP) customers to automate threat detection and response across all endpoints from a multi-tenant cloud console. RocketCyber’s unique integration of these threat intelligence feeds converts threat intelligence data from integrated providers into automated hunts that run on the endpoints proactively looking for evidence of an intrusion.
- Signal Sciences Raises $35M to Accelerate Wide-Scale Market Expansion and Technology Innovation – With this investment, Signal Sciences will aggressively accelerate its market expansion and product innovation to meet explosive customer demand for its next-gen WAF and Runtime Application Self Protection (RASP) solutions. “Signal Sciences in particular seeks to disrupt a market for operational application protection that is ripe for new approaches. Signal Sciences has demonstrated a distinctive approach that is responsive to changes in the marketplace, while showcasing an impressive roster of customers, and is well positioned to benefit from these trends” Named a December 2018 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Signal Sciences provides the only next-gen WAF and RASP solution that enables digital transformation and enterprises to shift to cloud and DevOps.
- Edge Computing Pioneer StackPath Launches Platform for Containers, VMs – Bold statements: Dallas-based StackPath, which invented the edge computing concept, has launched what it describes as the world’s first secure edge platform with StackPath Edge Computing for containers and virtual machines. StackPath Edge Computing lets customers simply upload an image of their workload to the StackPath platform, choose a size of containers or VMs, and then select in which advanced StackPath edge nodes the workload should be deployed. The workload is then deployed worldwide in as fast as 60 seconds, the company contends.
- Nozomi Networks Embeds SCADAguardian Advanced on RUGGEDCOM Platform – Nozomi Networks debuts our flagship industrial security and visibility solution as part of the RUGGEDCOM Multi-Service Platforms from Siemens AG. SCADAguardian Advanced Container Edition – a first-of-its-kind for our product category – provides industrial operators and cyber security teams with an embedded solution for real-time cyber security and OT network visibility.
- RSA Conference announces finalists for Innovation Sandbox Contest 2019 – Help Net Security
- Device Authority and nCipher Security announce success in delivering trust for medical IoT – Yikes: Device Authority’s KeyScaler platform integrates with nCipher’s nShield hardware security modules (HSMs) to provide high-assurance device authentication, managed end-to-end encryption, and certificate provisioning for IoT devices, ideal for medical, industrial, and other smart connected products. KeyScaler delivers a scalable, device-based authentication and authorization to establish a strong root of trust and identity assurance for medical IoT devices. The medical device manufacturer produces high quality surgical robot systems which perform a variety of treatments and procedures on patients in hospitals.
- DigiCert announces CertCentral Enterprise, a comprehensive, all-in-one digital certificate management solution for enterprise cloud and hosted TLS/SSL environments – CertCentral Enterprise comprises the most modern tools and technologies, providing enterprise customers better control over certificate security and compliance. Organizations enjoy 24/7 visibility, at-scale rapid remediation, and trusted expertise and guidance to protect their businesses, customers and reputations. CertCentral Enterprise pulls together the combined strengths of DigiCert and the acquired Symantec Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) businesses.
- DigiCert Labs to innovate new security technologies – DigiCert Labs will take two approaches to advancing technology innovation in collaboration with leading researchers. One is providing grants to universities to support research into specific challenges related to emerging threats and also through collaboration with other enterprise labs. Guidance will come from DigiCert’s review of academic and industry research as well as feedback from customers. The second approach involves providing large, anonymized datasets to help researchers address real-world use cases.
- Extreme Networks Looks to Protect Enterprises From IoT Security Risks – The Extreme Networks Defender for IoT can plug into an existing network and is able to learn and monitor device behavior and then automatically generate security policy to defend against malicious activities. “Defender enables companies to deploy IoT security for wired devices without having to worry about the underlying network infrastructure, in a compact, unified offering,” Camille Campbell, product marketing manager at Extreme Networks, told eWEEK. “The Defender Adapter is deployed as an overlay and sits between the IoT device and the network to monitor traffic and enforce traffic profiles with full Layer 2-7 visibility.”
Visit http://securityweekly.com/esw for all the latest episodes!
- RSA Conference 2019 is coming up March 4 – 8 in San Francisco! Go to rsaconference.com/securityweekly-us19 to register now using the discount code 5U9SWFD to receive $100 off a full conference pass! If you are interested in booking an interview or briefing with Security Weekly, please go to securityweekly.com/conferencerequest to submit your request!
- Join us April 1-3, at Disney’s Contemporary Resort for InfoSec World 2019 where you can connect and network with like-minded individuals in search of actionable information. Visit https://infosecworld.misti.com/ and use the registration code OS19-SECWEEK for 15% off the Main Conference or World Pass. If you are interested in booking an interview or briefing with Security Weekly, please go to securityweekly.com/conferencerequest to submit your request!