We interview Jason Brvenik, the Chief Executive Officer at NSS Labs. Jason will cover The Importance of Independent, Third-Party Testing. We interview Mehul Revankar, the Senior Product Manager at SaltStack. Mehul will be talking about the intersection between security and IT operations.
Full Show Notes: https://wiki.securityweekly.com/ES_Episode152
Visit https://www.securityweekly.com/esw for all the latest episodes!
To learn more about our sponsors visit: The Security Weekly Sponsor’s Page
Black Hat Interviews: NSS Labs and SaltStack
We interview Jason Brvenik, the Chief Executive Officer at NSS Labs.
Jason will cover The Importance of Independent, Third-Party Testing.
- Why is independent testing important right now? What trends, challenges or changes do you see happening in the industry that make testing even more critical?
- Tell us what’s different and unique about how NSS Labs approaches testing?
- What are some of the most compelling insights that you’ve seen in the last 6 months from your independent tests? What implications do these findings have for the industry and for enterprises?
- What are some examples you can cite of ways enterprises used independent testing results to improve their defenses?
- How do you see testing evolving? What does the future for security product testing look?
We interview Mehul Revankar, the Senior Product Manager at SaltStack.
SaltStack SecOps is a new product targeting the intersection between security and IT operations. At Black Hat, we’ll be announcing support for patch and vulnerability management. The focus will be on the evolution of SecOps both as a product and a role within companies, people who are underwater trying to keep their infrastructure compliance, secure, etc.
- We have exciting news about the Security Weekly webcast program: We are now partnered with (ISC)2 as an official CPE provider! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will be receiving 1 CPE credit per webcast! Register for one of our upcoming webcast with Zane Lackey of Signal Sciences, Ian McShane from Endgame, or Stephen Smith and Jeff Braucher of LogRhythm (or all 3!) by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- Security Weekly will be at Hacker Halted in Atlanta, GA this October 10th-11th! EC-Council is offering our listeners a $100 discount to attend the two day conference. Use discount code HH19SW when you register or go to securityweekly.com/hackerhalted and register there! Make sure you checkout the keynote (Paul Asadoorian) and Mr. Jeff Man’s talk as well!