Security Weekly currently has the following opening:
Job Title: Software Developer
Security Weekly is one of the oldest and largest information security podcasts in the world. Founded in 2005, we now produce 7 security podcasts a week from our studio in Warwick, RI.
We are looking for a self-motivated, junior to mid-level application developer to assist in the design and development of our internal applications supporting media production and distribution.
As a key member of a small and versatile team, you will:
- Work with a dynamic team to develop awesome new features
- Work directly with the Founder and Chief Technology Officer
- Promote great software design and quality
- Drive innovation by developing new ideas for our products and processes
- Discover and remediate issues with the existing architecture and code
- Lead initiatives to migrate existing software projects to DevOps
- 1-2+ years of professional application development experience
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the following databases: MySQL, SQLite or other similar databases
- Good understanding of web applications (JSON, REST API)
- Familiarity with cloud and container ecosystems such as Amazon AWS/ECS, Azure or Google Cloud (experience with these technologies is not required, but preferred)
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team
- Knowledge in some unit testing frameworks
- Interest for the latest trends in application design, including containers and Kubernetes
- Practical experience with Linux and Python
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
Qualified canidates may apply by sending a resume to email@example.com.