Production Assistant Internship (Part-Time)
Security Weekly is the premier podcast company in the information security field. We provide the security community with the best podcasts for information security professionals, by information security professionals. Our shows are fun, informative, entertaining and filled with outstanding content created by seasoned industry veterans. Security Weekly uses podcasts, videos, blogs and social media to bring free shows ranging from technical security topics to the business of security. We work in an environment akin to the atmosphere on the podcasts, a relaxed environment where creativity and fun are encouraged.
Operate all cameras and video switching for all shows. Setup and maintain show sets, setup camera angles and shots, lighting and audio setup for all shows. Specifically:
- Setup sets for all shows (Cameras, lighting, chairs, tables, decorations, carpets, ashtrays, lighters, water, computers, mics, headphones, headsets, etc…)
- Production Testing – Test all aspects of production and report issues to the digital engineers, including audio, video, monitors, Skype, ATEM switching, audio routing, studio monitors, guest TV viewing.
- Set building – Setup furniture, furnishings, decorations, lighting, run cables, build props (usage or power tools may be required).
- Live Production – Operate cameras, lights and all other equipment during live recordings and broadcasts. Communicate with digital engineers during broadcasts to make adjustments, signal the talent on beginning and end of segments and which camera is live.
- Maintenance – Assist in maintaining equipment, ensure all computers have latest updates, check cables to identify issues, replace bad cables, assist with cable management, ensure all studio monitors and TVs are working.
- Studio Maintenance – Clean the sets and organize all cables and equipment.
- Updating the run of show and show notes for every episode of every show
- Maintaining the show recording schedule for all shows on both networks
- Being able to run a recording of any given show (recording and studio setup)
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- A team player with high level of dedication
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and be detail oriented
- Shows strong initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Sense of humor
Compensation: based on experience and skillset
Location: This position is available to those able to work in our offices located in Warwick, Rhode Island (Remote employees or work from home is not available for this position).
If you are interested, please fill out the job application form.