Defining traits of leaders, the realities of stealth mode, and updates from Attivo Networks, CloudZero, Akami, and more on this episode of Startup Security Weekly!
Article Discussion on Leadership, Innovation, and Startup Success
- Ownership – A Defining Trait Of A Leader ==> Extreme Ownership. Get some!
- Brad Feld Cofounder of Techstars Talks Depression and Obsession ==>
- Eight VCs Explain How (And Why) They Assess Founders’ Emotional Intelligence ==> the flipside to what we talked about last week.
- The raw reality of startup stealth mode ==> Maybe stealth mode isn’t always worth it
- Your 5-Week Plan To Starting A Side Hustle Over Your Lunch Break ==>Some elements of this are really solid. Michael explains.
Startup & Security News You Need to Know
How Pro Rata Works In Venture Capital Deals
Attivo Networks raised $21M Series C
- “Attivo is a deception-based threat detection and continuous response platform to prevent cyber-attacks in user networks, data centers and remote offices.”
- $44M over 3 rounds in 2 years. Series B was in May… interesting timing
SecurityScorecard raised $27.5M Series C
SecurityScorecard was valued at roughly $91 million in June 2016 with a $20 million funding.
- $62M over four rounds + seed since 2013
- “SecurityScorecard offers a cloud-based risk assessment platform to predict and remediate potential security threats across organizations.”
ShiftLeft raised $9.3M Series A
- “ShiftLeft develops a cloud security platform that enables organizations to monitor threats and prevent data leaks from applications and microservices.”
CloudZero raised $5M Series A
- “Cloudzero develops a SaaS-based site reliability platform that offers insights on undesirable user behavior and system fragility for cloud environments.”
Akamai acquired Nominum for Undisclosed
- “Nominum is a provider of DNS and carrier-grade cybersecurity solutions for enterprises and managed networks.”
- Looks like about $41M over four rounds — but last round was 2005!!
- Revenue estimates — take with a grain of salt — are around $60M annual
Visit http://secweekly2.wpengine.com/category/ssw for all the latest episodes!