It’s often said that attackers need only to get it right once, where defenders have to be right all of the time. Those of us who have worked in a security role as a defender know we don’t always get it right, in fact, there are often many exposures in our defenses. This segment will aim to help defenders learn tactics and techniques that are effective and try to answer some of the following questions:
– How do you prioritize your defensive efforts?
– How do you best detect attacks?
– How do you best protect against attacks?
– We always say “patch your stuff” but how often should you patch? Which systems should you patch?
– What techniques work best to defend against email phishing?
– How do you provide a “good enough” level of security for your Active Directory?
– What are the fundamentals of defense? How do they differ per environment and organization?
– How do you get management to buy-in to your security plans and spending?
Visit https://www.securityweekly.com/psw for all the latest episodes!
To learn more about our sponsors visit: The Security Weekly Sponsor’s Page