This week in the leadership articles segment, Paul and Jason cover the following articles: The Answer is Yes! Now, What Was Your Question?, When You Lead A Company Or Startup, You Are Creating The Culture Whether You Mean To Or Not. Ten Insights To Building A Great Culture And Tribe, Why Warren Buffett, Jeff Bezos And Bruce Flatt Excel At Failure, Are You Falling for the Myth of “Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail”?, and 11 Books That Will Change The Way You Think About Leadership.
Visit https://www.securityweekly.com/bsw for all the latest episodes!
To learn more about our sponsors visit: The Security Weekly Sponsor’s Page
Building a Great Culture, Excelling at Failure, and Leadership Book Suggestions
- 5 Things Successful People Dont Care About
- IBM Wants to Be the Next Microsoft. Its Starting With a New CEO.
- AppSec Concerns Drove 61% of Businesses to Change Applications
- Iranian hackers monitor hotels, travel industry to follow targets, expert warns
– 11KLeading Blog / 6d Saved by Jason Albuquerque
- It is an approach that says “yes to customer requests, rather than defaulting to an easy ‘no’ or one of the many synonyms for no.”
- Make it clear, from the first days of an employee’s tenure, that the way things are done around here is with customer-focused flexibility; that working here involves an ongoing attempt to maintain, in almost all situations, a default of yes.
– 28Forbes – Leadership / 5d Saved by Jason Albuquerque
- This is under the founders’ control, hence founders can and need to shape their company culture, and ultimately, build a great tribe of people who believe in the mission.
- As the company grows, everyone needs to understand the company mission, its core values and the operating environment (hopefully freedom and accountability) in order to be successful.
– Forbes – Leadership / 5d Saved by Jason Albuquerque
- Here are three exceptions: Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, and Brookfield Asset Management CEO Bruce Flatt.
- In 2018, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos did something unique in his shareholder letter: he advised readers to expect business failures at Amazon.
– Great Leadership / 11d Saved by Jason Albuquerque
- When was the last time you saw a major planned project suffer from a cost overrun ?
- Use this phrase as your guide to prevent cost overruns and avoid falling prey to the dangerous judgment error of planning fallacy.
– 84Forbes – Leadership / 5d Saved by Jason Albuquerque
- On that note, I’ve put together a list of 11 books that will help you grow into the very best manager your team could ask for.
- You’ll be surprised at how activating your emotional intelligence can help you in every aspect of your role, from ensuring new hires are the right fit , to guiding your team through challenges, to maintaining a consistently healthy workplace culture.
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 – March 30 – April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 in San Francisco, CA! Visit securityweekly.com/rsac2020 to sponsor an interview with us on-site at the conference or register using our code to save $150!