Equifax nears ‘historic’ data breach settlement that could cost up to $3.5B, Maryland Again Amends its Data Breach Notification Law, Hidden Complexity is Biggest Threat to Compliance , Data Security Remains Top IT Concern for Small Businesses and Others, A Compliance Carol: A visit from the Ghost of Compliance Past, and more!
Visit https://www.securityweekly.com/scw for all the latest episodes!
To learn more about our sponsors visit: The Security Weekly Sponsor’s Page
Equifax, Data Security, & A Compliance Carol
- Equifax nears ‘historic’ data breach settlement that could cost up to $3.5B Cha-Cha-Cha-Ching. Not FUD but dollars and cents. Put that in your risk equation and see how you do
- Maryland Again Amends its Data Breach Notification Law It’s Maryland, it’s breach notification, figured it should be mentioned
- Hidden Complexity is Biggest Threat to Compliance But is it, really? What if compliance, like PCI, requires you to know and keep inventory of your entire environment? If this is an issue, how does compliance solve it? How does security solve it?
- Data Security Remains Top IT Concern for Small Businesses and Others For the statistic lovers out there.
- Retail industry rates low on data protection Because you can’t get enough news about the Verizon 2019 Payment Security Report
- A Compliance Carol: A visit from the Ghost of Compliance Past ’tis the season
- We have exciting news about the Security Weekly webcast program: We are now partnered with (ISC)2 as an official CPE provider! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will be receiving 1 CPE credit per webcast! Register for one of our upcoming webcast with Zane Lackey of Signal Sciences, Ian McShane from Endgame, or Stephen Smith and Jeff Braucher of LogRhythm (or all 3!) by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- Some of you told us that you are overwhelmed by the amount of content we distribute! In an attempt to make it a little easier for you to find what you’re interested in, we’ve created our new listener interest list! Sign up for list and select your interests by visiting: securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also now submit your suggestions for guests in our recently released guest suggestion form! Go to securityweekly.com/guests and enter your suggestions!