Erich Anderson is the Insider Threat Principal at ObserveIT. Erich will be covering: Authorities, Processes, Staff and Operations, Exploring the types of protections employees have in an organization, There are very limited laws and regulations at the Federal level, more at the State level but still not enough, and much more!
To learn more about ObserveIT, visit: https://securityweekly.com/observeit
Visit https://www.securityweekly.com/esw for all the latest episodes!
To learn more about our sponsors visit: The Security Weekly Sponsor’s Page
Erich Anderson, ObserveIT
Plan to start with the foundational elements of an insider threat program
- Authorities, Processes, Staff and Operations
- This is commonly overlooked area for insider threat programs
- Explore the types of protections employees have in an organization
- There are very limited laws and regulations at the Federal level, more at the State level but still not enough
- Mention of some of the laws, no deep dive here
- Talk about potential processes for whistleblowers (from a program and individual point of view)
- Talk about retaliation
- Explore some movies that showcase Whistleblowers
- We have exciting news about the Security Weekly webcast program: We are now partnered with (ISC)2 as an official CPE provider! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will be receiving 1 CPE credit per webcast! Register for one of our upcoming webcast with Zane Lackey of Signal Sciences, Ian McShane from Endgame, or Stephen Smith and Jeff Braucher of LogRhythm (or all 3!) by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand