Visit https://securityweekly.com/risksense for more information!
We often hear that offensive security techniques are “sexier” than defensive blue team techniques. In this panel discussion, we attempt to level the playing field (on so many levels…) between attackers and defenders. Keeping the evil attackers out of our networks and systems is a daunting task that requires creative thinking and creative solutions.
This segment is sponsored by RiskSense.
Innovative Blue Team Techniques Panel
The panel will discuss what works, and what doesn’t work when it comes to defending systems in the real world. Topics include:
– How does patching play into the strategy given you can’t patch everything and 0days exist?
– If most organizations will fall to a carefully crafted email phishing attack and some lateral movement to Domain Admin, what can we do to protect the most common attack paths?
– How do we keep our workforce safe while working from home? What are the successful pivots organizations have made to prevent successful attacks in this environment?
– What can we do to encourage teamwork that will lead to an effective cybersecurity program?
– Given the security of many organizations is vulnerable, what types of solutions work best to prevent, detect, and/or stop attacks?
– Do we need more innovative solutions?
– Do we need to use more of what we already have?
– How do we push forward to using immutable infrastructure and DevOps outside of creating and deploying our own software?