5 questions with Cisco’s CISO, The CIO role, from IT operator to business strategist, Making the case for integrated risk management, Gartner’s strategic tech trends for 2020: Part 1, augmenting skills, and much more!
Visit https://www.securityweekly.com/bsw for all the latest episodes!
To learn more about our sponsors visit: The Security Weekly Sponsor’s Page
- 5 questions with Cisco’s CISO – There is no easy answer for securing a global workforce of 75,000+ employees, including Cisco. Steve Martino, SVP and CISO at Cisco, discusses how to protect a distributed remote workforce without compromising the integrity of a secure network. The interview focuses around 5 questions:
- What kind of pressure is Cisco facing with securing products and working with cross-company teams?
- How do you prepare an organization for the inevitable — that bad events are going to happen? How do you insure against that with different stakeholders, whether that’s customers, shareholders or even just internal business units?
- How did your security strategy at Cisco take shape and what were your priorities when you started? How have they evolved over time?
- What was the process of implementing technology to make remote work viable? What was the timeline? And what were the perceived vs. real risks you dealt with implementing it across such a large workforce?
- What keeps you up at night in terms of security and threats, and how do you see those evolving?
- The CIO role, from IT operator to business strategist – The CIO position has changed dramatically since its inception 40 years ago. This in-depth review traces the job’s evolution and explains what is required of the CIO role today, including:
- CIO role in driving digital transformation today
- Qualities of high-performing CIOs
- How does the CIO role differ from other technology roles in the C-suite?
- What’s next for the CIO?
- Less than one-quarter of companies are innovation leaders, report says – Less than one-quarter of organizations “qualify” as innovation leaders, according to a Harvard Business Review Services survey of more than 1,000 executives across industries 1,000 international consumers.
- Making the case for integrated risk management – Security experts discuss how an integrated approach to risk and governance can be effectively managed
- Gartner: The time is right to make IT a boardroom issue – In many businesses, IT is regarded as an internal service provider and cost centre. Gartner says now is the best time for CIOs to make IT strategic
- Gartner’s strategic tech trends for 2020: Part 1, augmenting skills – Here are the “people-centric” advancements IT decisions makers need to follow:
- Human augmentation
- Transparency and traceability
- Gartner’s strategic tech trends for 2020: Part 2, computing moves to the edge – Here are the advancements in technology IT decision makers need to watch out for:
- Empowered edge
- Distributed cloud
- Autonomous things
- Practical blockchain
- AI security
- We have exciting news about the Security Weekly webcast program: We are now partnered with (ISC)2 as an official CPE provider! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will be receiving 1 CPE credit per webcast! Register for one of our upcoming webcast with Zane Lackey of Signal Sciences, Ian McShane from Endgame, or Stephen Smith and Jeff Braucher of LogRhythm (or all 3!) by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand