How not to botch your pitch, why VCs love insurance, ten ways to preserve cash as a bootstrapped startup, and updates from OpenText, WatchGuard, and more!
Startup Articles & Discussion
- Increasing Sales By Evaluating Your Marketing Strategy
- Build a business you’d never want to sell
- 10 Ways to Preserve Cash as a Bootstrapped Startup
- One door at a time
- 5 VCs Share The Worst Ways Founders Botch Their Pitches
Startup & Security Notes of Interest
VCs love insurance, even if you don’t
- ‘So far this year, insurance-focused startups (excluding the Asian continent*) have raised more than $700 million, almost as much as they raised in all of 2016’
- ‘Much of the funding boom comes from big insurers themselves, who are backing and leading more rounds for insurance startups, as well as companies in related areas like financial services.’
- ‘In small allocations, however, venture can actually be a strategy for reducing risk, as it allows large, entrenched players to track and take stakes in the upstart ventures that could reshape their industries.’
- Cyber plays a huge role here as insurance companies are searching for new areas, new revenue potential, new growth
Opportunity — Brain Alchemy Course for free
Hi [Insert your Friend’s Name],
I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of Psychotactics.com. I’ve enjoyed their website and have found it to have very useful information for business. And it’s pretty zany too.
They’re giving away a free workshop (it’s online, so you just have to download the information) and they asked if I could give it to a friend. I thought of you immediately, and that’s why I’m sending it across.
Check it out and judge for yourself.
Here’s the link: https://www.psychotactics.com/bam
[Insert Your Name]
P.S. I read somewhere on the page that there’s a deadline for this free offer, so have a look and decide.
- Brain Audit is one of my top 5 business books
- This course is excellent, and something I recommend to my coaching and consulting clients – and now you
- If you check it out — and you should — let Sean know Michael sent you
OpenText acquired Guidance Software for $240M
- ‘Guidance Software is a developer and provider of digital investigations and endpoint data security solutions for retail and financial institutions.’
- $7.50 per share
- ‘Datablink is a provider of authentication and transaction signing solutions for banks and enterprises.’
- Can’t find funding information for datablink
The Startup Journey: Updates
Visit http://secweekly2.wpengine.com/category/ssw/ for all the latest episodes!