In the Leadership and Communications segment, Life Lessons of Ben Franklin, A Lesson in Leadership, How to Start a Speech: The Best (and Worst) Speech Openers, and more!
- Science + Ben Franklin = Life Lessons – Benjamin Franklin has radically changed the world and was one of the most productive, world-changing humans to ever live. What were his secrets:
- Challenge Yourself Intellectually?
- Help Yourself By Helping Others
- Choose Your Friends Wisely
- Schedule your day
- Start Today
- How To Brand Yourself As A Leader At Your Company – Not sure how to shift your leadership brand so it showcases your strengths and tells people you can run the show? Begin by adopting strategies that amplify your existing personal brand, including:
- Explore your voice.
- Upskill yourself—and your tribe.
- Spotlight your expertise.
- Request feedback.
- A Lesson In Leadership – Put your team’s concerns ahead of yours, and by so doing, demonstrate that you’re a leader worth following.
- Break Out of Your Standard Patterns of Thinking – Push yourself to be more creative by trying out new approaches to challenges.
- How to Start a Speech: The Best (and Worst) Speech Openers – Never Start a Presentation with… 1) Anything technical!, 2) , Your nervousness or 3)A lackluster or non-believable nicety. I also recommend not starting by introducing yourself. Your bio is either in the program or will be ready by someone as they introduce you. Instead, Start a Presentation with… 1) A story, 2) A BIG idea, or 3) A quirky on-liner.
- Microsoft leads SaaS market, but others grab a slice – Microsoft owns about 17% of the enterprise software as a service market, with a 34% year-over-year growth.