It was once said that if Security and Compliance were in a relationship the status would be “It’s Complicated”. This discussion will aim to help you understand this relationship and how it can be beneficial or a mere distraction to an organization’s overall security posture.
– Define “Secure” and “Compliant”.
– Does compliance merely raise awareness about security shortcomings?
– What is the relationship between Security and Compliance?
– Being Secure and being Compliant are mere points in time, how can we best develop a process to ensure we are always striving to a secure and compliant state?
– How does Security impact and/or influence Compliance?
– How does Compliance impact and/or influence Security?
– How do you balance these extremes: “We will be Secure and ignore compliance” vs. “We will be compliant but ignore security”
Visit https://www.securityweekly.com/psw for all the latest episodes!
To learn more about our sponsors visit: The Security Weekly Sponsor’s Page