In the Startup News, APERIO Systems, Proofpoint, J2 Global acquired VIPRE, LogMeIn acquired Jive Communications, and Owl.
Startup & Security News You Need to Know
APERIO Systems raised $4.5M in a Seed Round
- “APERIO Systems develops and provides industrial critical control systems to detect artificial manipulations of process data.”
Proofpoint acquired Wombat Security for $225M
- Wombat raised $10.9M over a series of equity investments since 2013 (with estimated revenue of $13.4M)
- Interesting since Barracuda just picked up Phishline — for security awareness
J2 Global acquired VIPRE Security for Undisclosed
- Security is steadily proving to be the differentiator for a lot of companies
LogMeIn acquired Jive Communications for “up to” $357M
- The push to consolidate and improve the enterprise collaboration market continues
- Security is increasingly becoming important here – both for enterprises to consider, and for acquisitions
Owl raised $18M in a Seed round
- Interesting – draws power from the OBD port
Visit http://secweekly2.wpengine.com/category/ssw for all the latest episodes!