Today we will discuss the PCI DSS and some of its myths, misunderstandings, and misconceptions, including: Why most vendors don’t understand how their products fit within PCI, The six overall goals of the PCI DSS, Why PCI is perceived as a check box program, and more!
Visit https://www.securityweekly.com/scw for all the latest episodes!
Full Episode Show Notes
The Rise of PCI
The six overall goals of the PCI DSS:
1. Build and maintain a secure network and systems<p>
2. Protect cardholder data<p>
3. Maintain a vulnerability management program<p>
4. Implement strong access control measures<p>
5. Regularly monitor and test networks<p>
6. Maintain an information security policy
Why most vendors don’t understand how their products fit within PCI.<p>
Why PCI is perceived as a check box program.<p>
Vulnerability scanning vs. vulnerability management.<p>
Why should we care.<p>
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 – June 22nd-24th now a fully virtual event! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Join the Security Weekly Mailing List by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! We will be starting to roll out our public Discord channel in the next week or so and our mailing list subscribers will get the first invites!