Forgepoint Capital’s Co-Founder and Managing Director, Alberto Yépez, explains what the current economic challenges mean for innovation and the future of the cybersecurity market. Hear his perspective on what security investments, as well as mergers and acquisitions, will look like throughout the next 12-18 months, and how responsible companies are staying the course amidst layoffs and budget cuts in order to turn uncertainty into a strategic path forward.
– Forgepoint’s new CISO security priorities model: https://forgepointcap.com/news/forgepoint-capital-builds-first-ever-ciso-security-priorities-model/
Recent exits that Forgepoint supported:
– Forescout acquires Cysiv on June 6, 2022(release: https://www.cysiv.com/news/forescout-announces-intent-to-acquire-cysiv and Forgepoint’s blog: https://forgepointcap.com/news/executive-spotlight-an-interview-with-partha-panda-ceo-of-cysiv/)
– SentinelOne acquires Attivo Networks on May 4, 2022 (release: https://www.sentinelone.com/press/sentinelone-completes-acquisition-of-attivo-networks/ and Forgepoint’s “why we invested” blog: https://forgepointcap.com/news/attivo-networks-why-we-invested/)
– LexisNexis Risk Solutions Acquires BehavioSec on May 3, 2022 (release:https://risk.lexisnexis.com/about-us/press-room/press-release/20220503-behaviosec and Forgepoint’s blog: https://forgepointcap.com/news/executive-spotlight-an-interview-with-neil-costigan-of-behaviosec/)
– Cloudflare acquires Area 1 Security on April 1, 2022 (release: https://www.cloudflare.com/press-releases/2022/cloudflare-completes-acquisition-of-area-1-security/ and Forgepoint’s “why we invested” blog: https://forgepointcap.com/news/area-1-security-why-we-invested/) Visit https://www.securityweekly.com/bsw for all the latest episodes!
The VC Perspective: Embracing Uncertainty & Staying the Course
Alberto Yépez – Co-Founder and Managing Director at Forgepoint Capital
Alberto Yépez is a Co-Founder and Managing Director at Forgepoint Capital, a venture capital firm that invests in transformative companies protecting the digital future. He is a seasoned investor and serial entrepreneur with a proven track record of building global businesses and leading them to successful exits. Under his leadership, Forgepoint now has the largest portfolio of cybersecurity companies (37 active), one of the most experienced and diverse teams in the industry, and a 75-member Advisory Council of industry experts, customers, and partners who support portfolio growth with guidance and connections.
Alberto serves as Chairman Emeritus of the Hispanic IT Executive Council (HITEC). He was previously on the Board of the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) and the Board of Trustees of the University of San Francisco. Alberto holds a BS from the University of San Francisco. He also attended the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and the Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria in Lima, Perú.
Ben Carr – CISO at Cradlepoint
Ben Carr is the Chief Information Security Officer at Qualys. He is an information security and risk executive with more than 25 years of experience in developing and executing long-term security strategies. Ben has demonstrated global leadership and experience, through executive leadership roles of advanced technology, high risk, and rapid-growth initiatives, at companies such as Aristocrat, Tenable, Visa and Nokia. While at Aristocrat, Ben built a world-class global cybersecurity program from the ground up as part of a digital transformation. As a senior cybersecurity executive at Visa, Ben was responsible for developing and leading Visa’s Global Attack Surface Management Team and capability. Prior to Visa, he led all security programs for Nokia corporate IT as the Global Head of IT Security. Ben holds a certificate in Risk & Information Systems Control (CRISC), is a Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE).
Jason Albuquerque – Chief Operating Officer at Envision Technologies
Jason Albuquerque is the COO of Envision Technologies.
Matt Alderman – Executive Director at CyberRisk Alliance
Strategic Advisor at Automox, security consultant, and wizard of entrepreneurship.
Do you have a specific guest or topic that you want us to cover on one of the shows? Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting https://securityweekly.com/guests and completing the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
Join us June 29th for a webcast with Tyler Robinson and Beau Bullock to learn how to pivot into the world of Crypto security. Visit https://securityweekly.com/webcasts to register with only your name and email! Don’t forget to check out our library of on-demand webcasts & technical trainings at securityweekly.com/ondemand.