Software Engineer Internship (Part-Time)
Security Weekly is the premier podcast company in the information security field. We provide the security community with the best podcasts for information security professionals, by information security professionals. Our shows are fun, informative, entertaining and filled with outstanding content created by seasoned industry veterans. Security Weekly uses podcasts, videos, blogs and social media to bring free shows ranging from technical security topics to the business of security. We work in an environment akin to the atmosphere on the podcasts, a relaxed environment where creativity and fun are encouraged.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Implementation and maintenance of web-based applications
- Linux systems administration, automation and orchestration
While we prefer candidates have experience with the technologies below, it is more important that you posses knowledge of computer programming and troubleshooting skills.
- Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (Python Flask preferred)
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Able to create and manage database schemas to support application development
- Experience working with social media APIs is a bonus (Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, LinkedIN, etc…)
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Maintaining and developing off-the-shelf and custom web applications that drive business processes
- Consistently developing, maintaining and improving web properties (performance, functionality and SEO)
- Monitoring health and uptime of servers (general server admin in a managed services environment; no in-depth configuration required)
- Collaborating with design, strategy and operations teams to define and implement business solutions
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus.
- Knowledge of change control systems, specifically Git, a plus.
- Basic Linux systems administration
- Ability to breakdown problems and troubleshoot or develop a software solution from system design to implementation.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with good time management skills.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- A team player with high level of dedication
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and be detail oriented
- Shows strong initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Sense of humor
Compensation: based on experience and skillset
Location: This position is available to those able to work in our offices located in Warwick, Rhode Island (Remote employees or work from home is not available for this position).
If you are interested, please fill out the job application form.