Studio Engineer (Full-Time)
Security Weekly is the premier podcast company in the information security field. We provide the security community with the best podcasts for information security professionals, by information security professionals. Our shows are fun, informative, entertaining and filled with outstanding content created by seasoned industry veterans. Security Weekly uses podcasts, videos, blogs and social media to bring free shows ranging from technical security topics to the business of security. We work in an environment akin to the atmosphere on the podcasts, a relaxed environment where creativity and fun are encouraged.
Working for Security Weekly means you will be part of a couple of different communities. First, the outstanding security community, filled with hackers, tinkerers, and people asking “why?” and “how?” A LOT. There is a huge sense of community in security, and this is an opportunity to not only take part in it, but be part of it. You will also have the opportunity to work in the growing podcast industry, a high-tech space that is constantly evolving.
- Ensure all audio and video feeds for all shows are updated with the latest content. Test all RSS feeds to ensure the schedule is being kept and that each file made available in the RSS feeds is correct, the right version, not corrupt, and the correct type.
- Ensure all HD videos are posted and accurate
- Ensure every segment across all shows has a corresponding blog post, that the content is accurate, tags and categories are set and the schedule is being kept.
- Use software to complete in the post-production process. Report bugs and feature requests to the developer and monitor the overall status of the software.
- Ensure that all social media postings are being made and accurate for each show (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Google+).
- Subscribe to all podcast feeds and ensure they are all accurate, including new entries and feed settings.
- Monitor all podcast sources for accuracy and SEO including Soundcloud, Sitcher, Tune-In, Android / iOS apps, etc…
- Ensure all HD video and audio is recorded properly for each show. Maintain recording software and recording equipment (updates, testing equipment, etc..)
- Perform video editing tasks as required, including editing videos that had trouble in live production, editing commercials and other content.
- Create, edit and maintain all content used in the shows including sponsor ads, video animations, channel trailers, etc..
- Design and setup all sets for all shows (cameras, lighting, and props)
- Build and maintain studio sets for all shows
- Assist in setting up cameras and lights for all shows
- Maintain all equipment associated with production, including lighting, cables, mics, etc..
- Works with the Audio engineers to ensure audio is posted and develop requirements for audio for all commercials and content
- Updating the run of show and show notes for every episode of every show
- Maintaining the show recording schedule for all shows on both networks
- Being able to run a recording of any given show (recording and studio setup)
- Graphics design to support marketing efforts
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- A team player with a high level of dedication
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and be detail oriented
- Shows strong initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Sense of humor
Compensation: based on experience and skillset
Location: This position is available to those able to work in our offices located in Warwick, Rhode Island (Remote employees or work from home is not available for this position).
If you are interested, please fill out the job application form.